The Lamorinda Rugby Football Club is a community-based volunteer organization that provides youth and high school age students the opportunity to learn and play competitive rugby in a team environment that promotes both individual development and shared achievement.
- Provide members with an introduction to and continued development of the techniques, skills and tactical principles of the game of Rugby Union in a safe, but demanding environment.
- Introduce and emphasize the unique international culture of Rugby Football which celebrates not only competition but camaraderie, sportsmanship and fair play.
- Promote an inclusive, family-oriented atmosphere of participation and volunteerism to help achieve our Mission.
- Create an environment in which both a commitment to team and a consistent individual pursuit of physical and mental development can lead to rewarding and enjoyable outcomes.
- Provide a positive experience for all levels of athlete, from the average to the elite, with all members playing competitive rugby at an appropriate level.
- Use the Lamorinda RFC experience as a vehicle to develop individual athleticism, strength and fitness, confidence, self-esteem, and social and leadership skills.
- Provide the tools and encouragement for players to continue to play in college and beyond.
- Develop and maintain a highly qualified coaching and support staff focused on achieving these goals.